Mr Chua Boon Ping, CEO, SPH Media Fund, said “We are extremely excited to present our inaugural batch of startups to the public. They have all made significant progress, and we look forward to them raising funds for their next stage of growth after this programme.”
Mr Jupe Tan, VP International Operations, Plug & Play, said “Our eight startups have worked hard over the past few months and they have come a long way. The startup journey is a tough one and we will continue to support our startups as they grow."
All three partners of SPH Plug and Play are encouraged by the startups' achievements:
· Bolt matches brands to experienced writers and streamlines editorial workflow within teams to boost their content strategies. In a month, the team has secured over 200 seasoned writers and editors, and formed content partnership with several agencies, brands, and publishers. http://www.boltmedia.co/
· Snapask is the tutor in your pocket. The mobile app connects students’ questions to crowdsourced tutors who respond on-the-go, with an average response time of five minutes. Launched in September, they already have 250 vetted tutors and over 1000 student users onboard. http://snapask.co/
· Tutate levels up the quality of home-based tutors by empowering them with a structured curriculum, digital learning, performance tracking, as well as access to a community of parents, tutors, and students. Since joining the accelerator, they have grown their user base by more than two-thirds. http://tutate.com/
· Fashory is a fashion stylist/e-commerce application that helps working women find the right outfit for every occasion. The team has also partnered popular fashion magazines to launch a full-fledged publicity campaign. http://www.thefashory.com/
· PlusMargin aims to increase sales for e-commerce stores by analysing customer behaviour and using that information to reveal relevant promotions that increase purchase intent. The team has secured seed funding, and has signed on several clients for pilot projects. http://plusmargin.com/
· Circus 20/Twenty is a social intelligence platform trusted by a number of global brands. It recently launched a solution that classifies insights in actionable categories (crisis, customer inquiries, and sales leads). The company is on track to reach half a million dollars in revenue by the end of 2015. http://www.circus2020.com/
· Imagin8ors is an adaptive and personalised learning platform that nurtures children’s inherent imagination and creativity with technology. They have validated their market strategy, and have raised angel funding from investors across Asia and the US.http://www.imagin8ors.com/
Co. Regn. No. 198402868E
For more information, please contact:
Amanda Kwek (Ms)
DID: 6996 6431
SPH MEDIA FUND
SPH Media Fund is the corporate venture capital fund of Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (“SPH”) with a fund size of S$100m. The fund has a global mandate and seeks to invest in early-stage innovative companies in the areas of Digital Media (including advertising technology and content aggregation/ distribution/ consumption) and Consumer Internet (including e-commerce, marketplaces, social media, education technology, financial technology, etc). Singapore Press Holdings Ltd is Asia’s leading media organisation. Incorporated in 1984, SPH is listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange and is in media, online classifieds, properties, events and out-of-home advertising as well as other businesses.
PLUG AND PLAY
Plug & Play is a global startup accelerator that specializes in growing high tech startups. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Plug & Play’s network includes over 200 corporations, investors, universities and other partners across verticals such as Retail, Fin-Tech, Internet of Things, Media and Cloud. Through our investment arm, which began as Amidzad Partners in 1998 and is now Plug & Play Ventures, we have invested in over 350 high tech startups globally.
Managing more than US$200 million, Infocomm Investments Pte Ltd (IIPL) builds and invests in infocomm technology start-ups in Singapore and globally. IIPL accelerates the development of these young companies in their formative phase, and invests further as they move towards growth and expansion. Through its investments, partnerships with stakeholders across private and public sectors, and global reach, IIPL plays a central role in building a vibrant and sustainable ecosystem in Singapore for start-ups to flourish. IIPL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore. For more news and information, visitwww.infocomminvestments.com or follow @iipl.