Media
Releases

Media Releases

2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000
Back

SPH MBO is largest outdoor digital media provider

SINGAPORE, 27 OCT 2005 – Singapore Press Holdings´ new subsidiary SPH MediaBoxOffice (MBO) is poised to lead the rising popularity of outdoor advertising. Last month, SPH MBO extended its network of plasma and LCD screens, making it the largest provider of outdoor digital media in Singapore.

SPH MBO, already known to advertisers as the largest provider of large electronic LED screens here, now markets screens at POSB bank branches, Singapore Turf Club, Singapore Pools outlets and the HDB sales office at HDB Hub. Advertisers can now convey their messages to customers queuing at these locations.

And for the first time, SPH MBO is offering Media Walkers. A media walker is a model who weaves through the crowd with a laptop computer strapped to her body. This live medium adds a touch of novelty to on-site events and quirky guerrilla marketing campaigns. SPH MBO is also the largest provider of carpark advertising with access to more than 48 carparks island-wide.

Mr Leslie Fong, chairman of SPH MBO, says: “We are out to create a buzz in the industry. We may be small compared with the established international outdoor players, but we are big on new ideas. Ultimately, this business is about capturing people´s attention. We want to do that with flair and panache.”

SPH MBO´s move is timely. Despite a drop in Singapore advertising expenditure, the amount spent on outdoor posters has grown nearly 12 percent to about S$41m in the first half of 2005 compared to the same period last year, according to Nielsen Media AdEx figures.

SPH MBO will continue to support live event marketing and acquire prominent locations to expand both its motion and static media network. Offering cutting-edge interactivity is the driving force of SPH MBO´s marketing strategy. SPH is the only media company that connects advertisers to a powerful integrated network of outdoor media, newspapers, magazines, online connectivity and radio channels.

Issued by Singapore Press Holdings Limited
Co. Regn. No: 198402868E

For more information or photographs, please contact

Ms Julie Wee
DID: 6319-1796
Email: juliewee@sph.com.sg

Ms Janice Wong
DID: 6319-1274
Email: janicew@sph.com.sg


About SPH MBO
Singapore Press Holdings owns 80 per cent of SPH MBO, with the remaining 20 per cent owned by iBiz Asia Distribution, the investment holding company that owns MediaBoxOffice. SPH MBO has three types of outdoor media platforms for advertisers. Motion Media Network reaches a whopping 16 million prospective viewers per month. SPH MBO is the largest provider of LED and digital displays in Singapore. In addition to a network of 400 plasma & LCD screens island-wide, SPH MBO markets four LEDs screens (see appendix for locations). SPH MBO also offers Static Media - large format billboards at the heart of the city, city rims and along expressways. It has best access to shopping centres and national libraries. Niche media options include carparks, escalators, lifts, floor media, toilet media, pillar wraps, banners, lightboxes, 3D and balloon displays. These add up to a potential reach of at least 13 million viewers per month. SPH MBO´s Events Marketing & Sponsorship platform provides venue leasing, pushcart space and thematic event management in the high traffic sites of Raffles Place and HDB Hub, adding opportunities to interact with target audience.