Book celebrates the magazine's 30th year anniversary
Singapore, 10 July 2014 – The Peak, Singapore’s leading luxury lifestyle magazine, launched a coffee-table book – "30/30 – The Game Changers" – this evening at a gala dinner attended by 600 VIP guests at the Island Ballroom of Shangri-La Hotel.
The book is published by SPH Magazines Pte Ltd, and was unveiled as part of The Peak's celebration of 30 years in print.
Founded in 1984, The Peak has been the quintessential read for captains of industry and the corporate elite. It has, over the last 30 years, profiled business leaders and brilliantly creative minds, and reported on the latest in the luxury lifestyle scene, earning accolades and awards for its sterling content and creative design. Guided by the motto “The finer things in life”, the magazine is highly regarded for its insightful coverage on the very best in watches, fashion, design, travel, food and fine spirits.
The Peak also produces The Peak Selections: Timepieces, an annual publication and quarterly issues of The Peak Selections: Gourmet & Travel.
The title of the book, 30/30, plays on the term “20/20 vision” for visual acuity and 30 years of The Peak. The 240-page tome pays tribute to 30 men and women, documenting their success stories - a distinct feature that The Peak has become well known for, having chronicled success stories since its inception three decades ago.
The personalities featured are categorised in the business, lifestyle and social sectors and were shortlisted and selected by The Peak’s editorial team. A number of luxury brands are featured in the book too.
Mr Dennis Pua, Managing Director at SPH Magazines, said: “As The Peak crosses yet another milestone, this 30th year commemorative book is a fitting tribute to some of the most remarkable and creative minds in Singapore. They lead the way, beat the odds, made significant impact and excel in their respective areas of expertise. They are to be commended for being truly exemplary and inspiring."
"30/30 – The Game Changers" will be sent exclusively to subscribers of The Peak.
Limited copies are available for purchase at $48/-. For further enquiries, kindly contact Ms Sheryl Chen at 6319-3085.
The 30 people featured in "30/30 – The Game Changers" are:
- Olivia Lum, Group CEO and Founder, Hyflux
- John Lim, Group CEO and Co-founder, ARA Asset Management
- Jim Rogers, Chairman, Rogers Holdings
- Edmund Koh, Country head, UBS Singapore and CEO, UBS Wealth Management South East Asia & the Pacific Hub
- Ron Sim, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Osim International
- Sam Goi, Executive Chairman, Tee Yih Jia
- Loi Pok Yen, Group CEO, CWT
- Tan Min-Liang, Co-founder and CEO, Razer
- Anil Thadani, Founder and Chairman, Symphony Asia Holdings
- Tan See Leng, MD and CEO, IHH Healthcare and Group CEO and MD, Parkway Pantai
- G.S. Sareen, Founder and CEO, Omni United
- Andre Chiang, Chef and Founder, Restaurant Andre
- Chan Soo Khian, Founding Principal and Design Director, SCDA Architects
- Richard Ho, Founder and Principal Architect, RichardHO Architects
- Loh Lik Peng, Founder and Director, Unlisted Collection
- Chong Siak Ching, CEO, National Gallery Singapore
- Anthony Chen, Film Director, Fish Eye Pictures
- Ethan Koh, Founder and Creative Director, Ethan K
- Tan Swie Hian, Artist
- Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather
- Janice Wong, Chef Artist, 2am:dessertbar and 2am:experience
- Anastasia Ling, Managing Director, Quintessentially Lifestyle, Quintessentially Travel Singapore, Asqe and Molten Chocolatier
- Laurence Lien, Chairman, Lien Foundation
- Simon Tay, Chairman, Singapore Institute of International Affairs
- Kishore Mahbubani, Dean, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Chan Heng Chee, Diplomat and academic
- Stefanie Yuen Thio & Thio Shen Yi, Joint MDs, TSMP Law Corp
- Christopher Wilson, Co-founder, Social Capital Venture Development
- Melissa Kwee, Director, Pontiac Land Group and Founder, Beautiful People
ISSUED BY SPH MAGAZINES PTE LTD.
Co. Regn No.: 196900476M
For more information, please contact:Adrian Cheong Manager Corporate Communications & CSR Singapore Press Holdings Ltd Tel: 6319 2261
HP: 9798 6097E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org About SPH Magazines
A leading publisher in Singapore and the region, SPH Magazines Pte Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of media organisation Singapore Press Holdings Limited.
With a proven track record for sterling editorial content, award-winning designs and creative solutions, SPH Magazines raises the bar as a dynamic publisher. In its stable are about 100 titles in the region, in English, Chinese and other languages, covering lifestyle, fashion, beauty, society, bridal, health, men's lifestyle, automobile, parenting, decor, new media and business. All the newsstand publications, including flagship title Her World, and other titles such as Female, Cleo, The Women's Weekly, Harper's BAZAAR, Cosmopolitan, The Peak, Home & Decor, Nuyou, Torque and HWM are among the highest-circulating titles and best-read in their respective lifestyle categories.
In addition, websites such as herworldPLUS.com and HardwareZone.com have extended its reach online, engaging readers with interactive content, capturing audience beyond print.
SPH Magazines' established editorial unit provides excellent custom publishing services to major corporate clients by producing custom lifestyle magazines, newsletters and other collaterals to meet their business needs. clickTRUE Pte Ltd, an associate company of SPH Magazines, is a Pay Per Performance online marketing company specialising in Online Media Planning, Search Engine Marketing and Optimisation, Web Analytics Consultancy and Landing Page Optimisation.
With a vision to continue regional growth, SPH Magazines is set to hold a leading position in publishing in Asia, with a presence in China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, The Philippines and Vietnam.
In line with this vision, SPH Magazines acquired 34% of WhiteWave Media Group (formally known as Antarctica Interactive Private Limited). It is an integrated luxury media company which owns online publications Luxury-Insider.com,Inluxe.cn, as well as the luxury print BACCARAT Magazine in Hong Kong. Other titles include LP-Luxury Properties, Action Asia, Asia-Pacific Boating, China Boating, JET Asia Pacific and AsiaSpa published through wholly owned subsidiary, Blu Inc Media, in China and Hong Kong.
As a Publisher of Choice, SPH Magazines aims to deliver the best to meet the diverse needs and interests of readers and advertisers.
Visit www.sphmagazines.com.sg for more information.