Singapore, 26 May 2011 --- UW (U-Weekly), Singapore’s first hybrid entertainment, lifestyle and social news magazine, celebrates its 10th anniversary this year with a vibrant new look, newsier content and a handy compact size.
Retaining its cover price of $2, the revamped UW will be available at all newsstands on 29 May 2011 (Sunday).
After entertaining readers for a whole decade, the new UW has enhanced the local showbiz magazine experience by incorporating the ever popular food recipes, lifestyle and current affairs with its existing comprehensive content of not just local but also Asian and international showbiz news.
The newly revamped UW thrives not only on reporting the latest trends and showbiz happenings, but also brings readers to the frontiers of delicious dining, exciting lifestyle trends, entertainment updates and social buzz.
The re-designed UW is targeted at the whole family. Readers can expect the following columns and features in the revamped issue:
- Paparazzi - Updates of the latest paparazzi reports and photos of Asian celebrities from Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Gossips - "Insider" gossips of the entertainment scenes from the magazine's mysterious and resourceful column writers
- Korea - UW's extensive entertainment coverage includes the latest updates on the hottest Korean stars, as well as exclusive interviews with them.
- Current Affairs - Breaking news on the most hotly debated current issues
- Common Space - A forum page which allows readers to express, relax and chill
- Travel - Travel tips and information about exotic places around the world
- UWomen - Professionals from all walks of life talk about issues which concern women including fashion, beauty, interior designs and recipes
- Health - Useful and thoughtful information on health matters
Fashion & Food
- Food Features - The ultimate guide to eating in Singapore
- Fashion - The latest shopping trends, IT product information and more
- Makan Recipes - Step-by-step instructions on easy-to-make recipes for readers to try their hands at cooking
The new UW is also available at the SPH booth at the Singapore Book Fair at Suntec Singapore, Exhibition Hall, Level 4,
Booth C13 from 29 May to 5 June.
To celebrate UW's 10th anniversary, the 29 May issue will include 10 special discount coupons for restaurants, beauty and fitness products and services.
Issued by Singapore Press Holdings Ltd
Co. Regn. No. 198402868E
For media queries, contact:
Lim Lai Meng (Ms)
Lifestyle Editor, UW
Tel: 6319 1453
Deputy Entertainment Editor, UW
Tel: 6319 8842
Tel: 6319 1028
About Singapore Press Holdings Ltd
Incorporated in 1984, main board-listed Singapore Press Holdings Ltd (SPH) is Southeast Asia’s leading media organisation, engaging minds and enriching lives across multiple languages and platforms.
Newspapers, Magazines and Book Publishing
In Singapore, SPH publishes 18 newspaper titles in four languages. Every day, 3 million individuals or 77 per cent of people above 15 years old, read one of SPH's news publications. SPH also publishes and produces more than 100 magazine titles in Singapore and the region, covering a broad range of interests from lifestyle to information technology. SPH's subsidiaries, Straits Times Press and Focus Publishing, produce quality books and periodicals in English and Chinese.
Internet and Mobile
Beyond print, the Internet editions of SPH newspapers enjoy over 263 million page views with 18 million unique visitors every month. Apart from SPH AsiaOne portal, SPH's online and new media initiatives include an online marketplace for products, services and employment, ST701; Stomp, omy.sg, and The Straits Times RazorTV.
SPH has a 20 per cent stake in MediaCorp TV Holdings Pte Ltd, which operates free-to-air channels 5, 8 and U, and a 40 per cent stake in MediaCorp Press Limited, which publishes the free newspaper, Today. In the radio business, SPH has an 80 per cent stake in SPH UnionWorks Pte Ltd, which operates entertainment stations Radio 100.3 in Chinese and 91.3FM in English.
Events and Outdoor Advertising
SPH’s events subsidiary Sphere Exhibits organises innovative consumer and trade events and exhibitions. In addition, SPH has ventured into out-of-home (OOH) advertising through its wholly-owned subsidiary, SPH MediaBoxOffice Pte Ltd, Singapore’s leading Digital Out-of-Home advertising company.
SPH owns and manages Paragon, the prime retail and office complex in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's main shopping belt. Its latest retail development, The Clementi Mall, started business operations in 2011. SPH's wholly-owned subsidiary, Times Development Pte Ltd, has also developed a 43-storey upmarket residential condominium, Sky@eleven, at Thomson Road.