Singapore, 15 March 2006 - Launched in March 2005, ICON<风华>, Singapore´s first and only Chinese luxury lifestyle magazine, celebrates its 1st anniversary in grand style.
Written and designed for the discerning bilingual elite who demand the best things in life, ICON<风华> has succeeded beyond expectations in the short span of 12 months – and there is good reason for this. A style guide for the rich and famous, ICON<风华> features – both locally and internationally -- an irresistible mix of exclusive social events, glamorous fashion, beauty highlights, profiles of the high fliers and beautiful people, travel and entertainment, the arts and more.
The editorial and art team of ICON<风华> has consistently presented visually stunning issues with exquisite covers, stylish layouts and riveting stories. No expense was spared to deliver the best to the readers and advertisers. For example, all covers feature A-list local and international celebrities, who in turn are shot by no less than celebrity photographers. Exclusive readers´ events such as private fashion previews, tea parties, jewellery shows, including a chance to meet up with celebrities like Maggie Cheung are created with our business partners for our cream of the crop list of readers in high society and the corporate world.
Absolutely satisfied with the results of her ‘baby´ so far, Editor Ms Elsie Yah said “There are many more exciting things to expect from ICON<风华>. Editorially, we are constantly looking to improve and fine tune the content and reads; more stylish and spectacular visuals and photography will be presented, in sync with the needs of our discerning readers and valuable business partners.”
Just exactly what does ICON<风华> mean to different people? Some of the business partners shared that ICON<风华> has indeed filled the void for a Chinese luxe magazine in Singapore about trends for trendsetters. ICON<风华> is classy, provides good reads, and it is not just about the glitter and glamour.
Dr Georgia Lee, a loyal ICON<风华> reader and one of the ‘most invited´ society ladies in Singapore, likes ICON<风华> because of “the more arty and different feel of the cover. The write-ups are fun and candid. The high fashion and beauty features are so well done that they make me wanna go and buy them all!” She especially enjoys the party write-ups on the who´s who and feels “special and privileged” at being invited to some of ICON´s most exclusive events.
In fact, with the heartening success of ICON<风华> in the past year, it is now ready to scale new heights and move on to the international stage. Mr David Tay, Chief Executive Officer of SPH Magazines, announced that “We are very encouraged by the support of our advertisers, business partners and readers. ICON<风华>Singapore has proven that we have successfully carved a niche in the Chinese luxury lifestyle market; and now, we are ready to extend the success beyond the shores of Singapore. The first overseas edition of ICON<风华>-- ICON Malaysia will be launched in September 2006.”
Meanwhile, ICON<风华> Singapore shall be celebrating its first birthday with 300 invited guests, including advertisers and society people, at the Asian Civilisations Museum on 16 March 2006 (Thursday). With the theme ‘Glitter and Glamour´, the River Room of ACM will be transformed into a spectacular ICON jewellery box, matched by guests in their glitziest and most dazzling outfits.
A special exhibition of the most impressive and stunning jewellery pieces from nine of Singapore´s top jewellers is one of the highlights of the party. Guests will also be treated to an haute couture and high jewellery show, featuring a line-up of the most glamorous gowns and spectacular jewellery sets worth up to millions of dollars.
And the best part of the event is that all guests will get to go home with a wonderful Estee Lauder fragrance ‘Pleasure – Ruben Toledo´s Artist Edition´ and a limited edition of ICON <风华>commemorative anniversary issue with a special cover of Fann Wong, complete with her autograph and a congratulatory note by the ever-popular star.
Issued by Singapore Press Holdings Ltd
Co. Regn. No. 198402868E
|Ms Cherie Ng
Head, Branding & Promotions
SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
Tel: 6319-6013 HP: 9746-0372
|Ms Vicky Yong
Deputy Manager, B&P
SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
Tel: 6319-6190 HP: 9871-3596
About SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
SPH Magazines Pte Ltd (formerly known as Times Periodicals Pte Ltd), a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings Ltd, is the leading magazine publisher in Singapore with all its titles maintaining No.1 readership in their respective sectors, according to the Nielsen Media Index 2005.
- Her World Singapore´s No.1 women´s magazine with readership of 199,000
- Home & Decor Style leader in home interiors with readership of 45,000
- Young Parents The best-read parenting magazine for those with children of 0 to 9 years old. Readership is 35,000. Off shoot publication Young Parents Baby is for parents with children under two, and bi-annual Young Parents Preschool Guide is the authoritative guide to the best childcare, kindergartens and enrichment courses in Singapore
- Her World Brides The definitive wedding guide published quarterly with a readership of 25,000
- Shape Singapore Singapore´s only active lifestyle guide for women; readership of 64,000
- Maxim Singapore The world´s best-selling men´s lifestyle magazine for discerning male aged between 20-45 with large disposable income
- Simply Her A lifestyle consumer guide that provides smart solutions, shopping guides and me-management tips for busy working women
- ICON Singapore´s first and only Chinese luxury lifestyle magazine for the elite
- Citta Bella Singapore´s No.1 Chinese women´s lifestyle magazine on fashion, beauty and living
- FIRST Singapore´s premier movie magazine
SPH Magazines also specialises in custom publishing and produces two of the highest circulating publications in Singapore.
- NSMan 160,000 cps, bi-monthly for Safra National Service Association
- Home Team NS 150,000 cps, bi-monthly for Singapore Police and Civil Defence NSmen
- Silver Kris 73,000 cps monthly (English edition) and 45,000 cps bi-monthly (Japanese edition) for Singapore International Airlines
- BiZQ Published bi-monthly for Singapore Business Federation
- Young Families Published bi-monthly for PAP Community Foundation
ICON<风华> 1st ANNIVERSARY PARTY
We are pleased to invite you to ICON ‘Glitter & Glamour´ 1st Anniversary Party.
Date : 16 March 2006 (Thursday)
Time : 7.00 pm
Venue : Asian Civilisations Museum, 1 Empress Place
Please fax or email this reply slip by Wednesday, 15 March 2006, 5 pm to 6319-6148 or email@example.com.
Yes! I´ll attend the ICON 1st Anniversary Party.
No, I´m not able to make it.
I´ll send a representative to attend.
I´ll be bringing along a: