7 October 2004, Thursday - Simply Her is Singapore’s newest homegrown women’s magazine. Come 8 October 2004, Simply Her hits the newstands at only $3.50!
Simply Her is a lifestyle guide for busy, working women who multi-task. It has quick, cut & keep solutions on work, tech, household, style, beauty, decorating and cooking every month. It is info-packed with road tests and bargain hunts that do the homework and math for the smart shopper in you. For the debut November issue we road tested hot hatchback cars, stain removers and glamour makeover studios.
Plus! Simple strategies for me-time, family, decorating, travel, minute meals and fun bookends with soulful features, competitions and bulletin boards. We makeover a reader who hadn’t cut her hair in two years! Stop losing your keys in your handbag! Who’s the boss in your marriage? How to cut your own CD? Get good-as-new skin now! Which low-cost flight for you? Never overpay on your insurance again!
SPH Magazines’ Chief Operating Officer Mr Lee Kok Chew said: "Simply Her provides advertisers with another effective vehicle to reach out to the right target audience. This new title has a unique positioning that complements very well the other women’s titles in our portfolio like Her World and Shape."
Ms Caroline Ngui, group editor of women’s titles, SPH Magazines, said: "Simply Her is for the down-to-earth reader looking for more practical information and ideas on her larger lifestyle and consumer needs." Simply Her will be edited by Rachelle Lau, a former editor and writer with sister publications Her World Body and Her World magazine.
Actress Kym Ng is Simply Her’s first cover girl, and agrees she was the right choice since she is our ultimate "friendly neighbourhood girl", said: "I’m ever ready for new challenges and I believe my down-to-earth, cheerful personality puts people at ease. Well, that’s simply me, and that’s Simply Her too!"
Every month in Simply Her:
Me Management/ Smart Shopper/ Budget Lifestyle/ Cut & Keep Solutions/ Style & Beauty/ Fun Bookends/ People & Celebs/ Family/ Better Home/ Couples & Marriage/ Sex & Health/ Meals/ Travel
Press and media enquiries to:
Ms Sarah Lee
Branding & Promotions Deputy Manager
SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
About SPH Magazines Pte Ltd
SPH Magazines Pte Ltd (formerly known as Times Periodicals Pte Ltd), a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings Ltd, is the leading magazine publisher in Singapore with all its titles maintaining No.1 readership in their respective sectors in the Nielsen Media Index 2003.
- Her World: Singapore’s No.1 women’s magazine with 141,000 readership.
- Shape: Singapore’s only health & fitness magazine for women age 20 - 44.
- Her World Brides: A definitive wedding guide published quarterly.
- Home & Decor: Style leader in home interior sector with 35,000 readership.
- Young Parents: The best-read parenting magazine for those with kids between 0 - 9 years old. Readership is 16,000.
- MAXIM Singapore : The world’s best-selling men’s lifestyle magazine for discerning men aged between 20 - 45 with large disposable income.
SPH Magazines also specialises in custom publishing - producing two of the highest circulating publications in Singapore.
- NSMan: Published bi-monthly for Safra National Service Association with
a readership of 164,000.
- ResQ: Published bi-monthly for Civil Defence Association for National
Servicemen with readership of 132,000.
- Silver Kris: Published monthly with a readership of more than 1.3
- BizQ: Published bi-monthly for Singapore Business Federation with a
readership of 90,000.
SPH Magazines is the exclusive marketing representative of two leading Chinese publications:
- Citta Bella: No.1 Chinese women’s magazine in Singapore.
- You-Weekly: Weekly entertainment magazine.